Fry Family photos:
Other family photos:
Fry Family obituaries:
Satellite photos & maps:
Sisson Family PhotosThe woman who is the grandmother to most of us -- Maude Mae Sisson -- is the daughter of William Sisson and Catherine Vanosdall, who married in 1872 when he was 54. His 1902 obituary.
William was born in Westmoreland, England. But there are a number of mysteries that none of us have been able to solve surrounding the Sissons:
1. neighboring property to John Fry was owned by F.W. Scisson or F.W. Scisson. Is there a relationship?
These pages are part of the FryFamilyAshland website.
Photographs and Images* Maude Mae Sisson (standing L) and her mother Catherine Vanosdall Sisson (seated). The other two on the right are unidentified.
* Though this photograph is clearly marked as "Maude Sisson" and identifies three children, it is unclear if they are her grandchildren or who they are.
* Catherine Vanosdall Sisson's death certificate from May, 1928.
* In what appears to be a wedding photo, Chester Sisson and Leona Nelson. Leona would later marry Montgomery LeRoy Fry. Chester was the son of James William Sisson -- Maude Mae's brother.
* Raymond Friend, taken at Donkin Studios, Atlantic City, NJ. "Ray" is Corporal T-5 George Raymond Friend, a grandson of Permilia Anna Sisson (Maude Mae's sister). Friend died Feb. 8, 1944 in Italy. Inducted into the U.S. Army in mid-1942 and served with the coast artillery, then was deployed to North Africa in March, 1943. Friend, who is a second cousin to most of us, is buried in the Savannah Cemetery.